RSS

Silver Icing

For those who don't know me, I'm kind of quiet and shy. Haha not really. And I have a strange obsession with unicorns 

(laughter)

I started selling Silver icing by chance. In February 2015. I had a newborn baby Everly and my mother in law had came up to find a job from Prince Edward Island. I signed her up to do Silver Icing but she didn't do anything with it. So after some coaxing my friend Kari who is now my upline and my husband  told me to do it.

I was pretty amazed at how well it took off for me. I had been in direct sales since 2009, and even hit director with one of the companies I was with but Silver Icing for me was effortless, and had a business plan like I hadn't seen before.

I liked how positive the hub was, and how girls were ready to help even if you weren't on their team.

Everything changed for me though at Refresh last year. 
Girls from my own city that I had never known became instant friends. We shared so many laughs and maybe one or two drinks:) 
But my takeaway that weekend was girls who would help me through the hardest year of my life.

Imagine telling your upline about your depression. I thought it was just post partum and it would go away as Everly got older, but it turned out it was from my childhood that I had never dealt with. My sisters and I were survivors of child abuse.

So I guess I just dealt with my anxiety and depression for 20 years, and at Christmas time I relapsed, into self harming and my family was going to have me admitted. My two Silver Icing unicorns Kari and Jen were the only ones besides family who knew. 

Then in January one of my sisters, who I call my twinny since we are so close in age had a stroke while 32 weeks pregnant from a cavernoma tumour in her brain. They think she had the Tumor since birth but the pregnancy made it grow and bleed in her brain. Again the first people I told were Kari and Jen. They said whatever you need we got you, took over my accounts, and checked in on me all the time. I didn't think my sister was going to make it. At the Fort McMurray hospital she was all smiles and talking and then was medivaced to Edmonton and when I got there after the five hour drive she couldn't touch her nose say my name or form sentences. I wanted to swap bodies with her. I couldn't lose her. 

I stayed with her the whole weekend in the hospital :) and am happy to report she delivered a healthy baby boy in May:) named Harrison. We are waiting for November to see what they will do on her tumour . But are keeping her in our prayers.

In March my grandpa died after a long battle with dementia. I had lived with him for 5 years as a kid, so he was like a dad to me, and I took his death pretty hard.

Then in May my city Fort McMurray was hit by the wildfires. I was sent home from work at noon to pack just in case, and then only 20 minutes later it turned into a mandatory evacuation and I had just minutes to pack. And left with sadness all my silver icing orders:) and forgot to pack the things that were sentmental to me. Although I did pack an entire pillowcase of mismatched socks. 

We left with flames in our rear view window and I gave my six year old my shirt so he could cover his eyes. My baby was with her babysitter and it took 7 hours until I would be reunited with her. I I got confirmation the next day our house was completely gone.

Now like me you're probably wondering what does this have to do with the heart and soul award? 

I created a Facebook page three years ago called helping others for my city to help people who might need some extra love or help with mortgages and bills and food and Christmas presents, and I created another one for all my silver icing customers who had lost their homes in the Fort McMurray fires. I try always to be mindful of others and it gives me a sense of purpose. No one ever goes poor from giving. Even when you don't have anything to give you can give advice, or friendship, or love. And that's all I did.

People would write me and say things like-  look at you you lost everything and you're still helping others. But I didn't lose everything. I still have people who love me and inspire me and support me and make me want to be a better person.

I want to thank my unicorns who got me through the hardest year of my life. Kari, Jennifer Pittman and Jennifer Hahn, 

Christina. You've been my #wcw
 since I joined this company. Thank you for giving me theses friendships and allowing me to work from home and watch my kids grow but mostly thank you for what you did for Fort McMurray. That was the only thing that made me smile that entire week. It just shows how much you care for all of us and speaks to your kind heart.

, and for all the stylist love I was shown after the fires from my downline, and costylists who sent me clothes for myself and people in my group, helped earn beans for my children and sent my children gifts. I will never forget the kindness that was shown to me and I'll continue to find ways to pay it forward. Thank you! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment