RSS

Nightmares.. Not just for kids

I suffer from nightmares. I know that I'm dreaming during them, because I try to wake myself but can not. I'm flailing and shaking and throwing my bed in my dream and screaming at my husband to wake me up. I even quote my favourite movie Labyrinth and say "you have no power over me."

I had three episodes alone last night.

I went to my doctor and got a prescription for it (I've run out)
And have researched some other things to do to make them less occurring.

I wake up with scratches on my body even! 

My doctor is going to put me through psychotherapy  to see if there is anything emotional causing them.


But I just read you can change your nightmare script by  trying imagery rehearsal therapy. 


It's a three step process.
1. Jot down a brief description of your nightmare. Last night one of my sisters was being held at gunpoint.
2. Think of ways to change your nightmare. Relying on intuition 
3. Set aside a few minutes each day to imagine this altered version of the nightmare.

What tricks do you use? Do you suffer from nightmares or night terrors? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment