RSS

Letting go - Bereavement Therapy


Forgiveness.

As a child, bad things happened to me and my sisters. A lot of which you can read about in my poems. But I remember talking to my grandmother and she told me, don't hold grudges. No matter how bad the person may be. And I've tried my best to do so.

I am able to forgive, but my biggest downfall is I am not able to let go.

I would give almost anything to have a relationship with my father, although it's not in the  cards. I still care about every past boyfriend I have. And my heart still breaks for friendships I have lost.
My Doctor is actually putting me through something called Bereavement therapy, because I have such a hard time letting go of people who have left me.

I once had a conversation with a dear friend who had just lost her father, and recall telling her that at least her father died with love in her heart for her. For me, I don't know if my father will. When someone leaves you by choice, it's like a scar that doesn't heal.

I'm hoping this therapy will help me, to realize that just because someone is done in a part of my journey, doesn't mean I should not forge ahead with happiness and excitement on what's to come.

--Bereavement is the time we spend adjusting to loss. Grief can shake everything up, your beliefs, your personality, and even your sense of reality."


0 comments:

Post a Comment