RSS

My twinnie

A sister is a best friend for life. I am blessed with 3. They provide me with support, advice, and unconditional love.

This post is about my "twinnie" Koryn.

Usually my sister watches Everly for me. But I had this day off for some reason. So I texted my sister and said- I'm off today enjoy your day off! (She's 22 weeks pregnant) and I got a reply saying Ok. So I went back to bed.

I woke up to my phone ringing, it was my sisters boyfriend. He said I'm at the hospital. Talk to the nurse.
My heart was racing.

She said Hi Kristin your sister had a stroke, and needs to be medivaced to Edmonton. Can you go with her? I frantically said ok, packed up my daughter and raced to drop her off at my other sisters.

When I got to the hospital they had changed heir mad and couldn't let me fly with her. Which turned out to be a good decision because my sister boyfriend hadn't slept from night shift yet. So I drove with him to Edmonton.

I sat in the waiting room with my family and thought she'll be ok- she has to be ok.
And my mother and sister said she's improving.
Well when I got to my sister she was not ok. She couldn't see, she couldn't talk and all her words were mumbled. Her beautiful smile was crooked and my heart sank. I wanted to take her place. I felt guilty for being depressed in my own life when I have everything. I was angry. I left the room and bawled and was mad at my family for telling me she was ok.
But my sister and mom told me to keep positive. I spent the whole weekend at the hospital.

It turned out my sister had a Cavernoma in the brain (tumour) and it's right in the middle of the brain. Her being pregnant caused the cavernoma to bleed and cause her to stroke. 

I've never prayed so hard in my life. 
I laid beside my sister and rubber her back, brushed her hair, sang her songs ( Randy Travis Forever and ever Amen) , talked about the past, and future, shared in the exciting news that her boyfriend proposed to her while in the hospital, and just watched her sleep. Not once did she complain. Heck she even teased me when I quizzed her and asked who I was and she said my first cousin?
She just said don't worry I'm gonna get better.
And so she has. She was released yesterday, and although the baby has to come via c section early, she is improving and baby is healthy! 

My sister said to me I'm sorry for being so mean to you. No sissy. You've never been mean to me. You mean to me.

I can't wait until you're all better, and baby is here. You are going to be a wonderful mother just as you are a sister a Aunty and a friend. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment